A carbon laser facial is a non-ablative laser skin treatment that uses the conductive qualities of carbon to quickly and painlessly exfoliate, cleanse, clear and tighten pores, brighten and even-out skin tone and activate a deeply rejuvenating skin reaction that produces skin that is smooth, plump and radiant!
A carbon laser is a revolutionary, non-invasive, painless skin rejuvenation procedure with virtually no-downtime that helps refresh the appearance of aging and damaged skin. The laser carbon peel is a fast and painless procedure done to help improve the look of skin.
It’s used primarily by people with oily skin, acne, and enlarged or clogged pores. This treatment is also beneficial if you’re starting to see the effects of sun damage to your skin.
It gently treats the top layer of skin, leaving an amazing glow with a vibrant, youthful complexion.
Also known as a Hollywood Peel, Black Doll Facial or Charcoal Facial, this gentle procedure is safe on all skin types. It is a great way to get a quick skin refresher without the longer downtime associated with other laser procedures. It evens out the skin tone, reducing appearance of pigment, fine lines, and acne scars.How it works.
A thin layer of medical liquid carbon is first applied to your face, allowing it to penetrate deeply into your pores and let it dry. The carbon particles attach themselves to all the dirt, debris, dead skin cells, contaminants and sebum that might be present beneath your skin surface.
A beam of low intensity Q Switchd ND:YAG laser is passed across the surface of your skin.
Light from the laser is attracted to the carbon particles , which absorbs the light energy. The reaction causes a mini explosion. The explosion pushes the energy, in the form of heat, deep into the layers of the skin where elastin and collagen are activated and cells begin producing new cells and fibres. Meanwhile, on the surface of the skin, as the explosion occurs the carbon is vaporized along with any dirt, oil or dead skin cells. There’s very little discomfort or pain. The sensation has been described as a mild tingling or very slight pinch.
- Improving the oil balance of the skin
- Reducing open and blocked skin pores.
- Reducing the signs of premature aging
- Improving skin texture and radiance
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulating collagen growth for firmer, plumper skin
- Reducing oily skin or exfoliating dry skin
- Erasing or fading yellow/brown pigmentation
Your skin will feel immediately smoother and look instantly refreshed. Better still, there’s zero downtime! You can return to your daily activities immediately following your treatment – your skin may appear slightly red but this should disappear within a few hours. We recommend you use a good medicated sunscreen and avoid abrasive exfoliates or other invasive skin treatments for a few days.How long do results last?
It will depend on the condition of your skin, your skin type and your lifestyle.
You’ll probably notice results after a single treatment. However, for long-term results, we recommend regular treatments – 4-6 treatments are optimal, spaced 2-4 weeks apart.Will it hurt?
No! The treatment is gentle, non-invasive and painless. You’ll probably hear a small pulse as we target the carbon particles in your pores with the laser. Our clients describe the feeling as warm or prickly but not painful.
The procedure. Laser carbon peel is a multi-part process that takes around 30 minutes from start to finish. For this reason, it is sometimes referred to as a lunchtime peel.
Here’s what you can expect from a typical laser carbon peel:
- Your doctor will spread a layer of liquid carbon onto your face. The carbon absorbs oil, dirt, and dead skin cells from deep within the pores.
- You’ll wait for about 10 minutes for the liquid carbon to dry.
- After the carbon has dried, your doctor will give you eye shields to protect your eyes from the laser.
- Your doctor will pass a laser, such as the Nd:YAG, over the skin on a low-energy setting. This heats up the carbon, binding it to the epidermis.
- On a higher-energy setting, the laser will be used to fragment the liquid carbon into tiny particles.
- A smoke evaporator attached to the laser will remove the carbon as well as the debris and impurities it contains.
- Your skin therapist may also apply a hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen to your skin after treatment.
You should immediately see brighter, glowing skin and tighter pores. If you have sensitive skin, you may experience a slight pinking or reddening of the skin. This usually lasts for one hour or less.
Do’s and don’ts for laser carbon peel aftercare
- Treat your skin gently after getting a laser carbon peel by applying a good sunscreen and a moisturizer daily.
- It’s normal to see some flaking or experience dryness for a few days,
- Use sunscreen regularly with at least SPF 30+ for several days after treatment.
- Don’t use any products containing retinol for at least five days after treatment.
- Do not exfoliate or use any abrasive or invasive skin treatments for at least one week.