The treatment usually requires multiple sessions at a gap of 2 to 3 weeks each leading to a gradual improvement in the appearance of the skin. One can specifically opt for customized brightening and yellow peels which are also called party peels which help in immediate improvement in the brightness and radiance of your skin. These brightening and yellow peels help to reduce hyperpigmentation, melasma, and acne scars on the skin and it will immediately brighten the complexion of your skin. Lightning Peels are formulated for darker and combination skin types to give them safe and effective results.
The procedure can be taken during office hours without any downtime or significant risk factors.
The treatment usually requires multiple sessions at a gap of 2 to 3 weeks each leading to a gradual improvement in the appearance of the skin.
Chemical peels can be taken to improve the tone, texture, and pigmentation on any area of the body be it face, neck, back, axillae, hands, or even lips.
Chemical peels are used for following indications:
- Treat pigmentation issues like melasma , freckles or sun spots.
- Dull skin with an uneven skin tone or discolouration.
- Acne spots and superficial acne scars.
- Signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lip and under eye hyperpigmentation.
- Few specific types of peels can treat active acne as well.
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Anyone who is looking for rejuvenated , fresh and radiant skin can also opt for a chemical peel treatment.
A chemical peel is a most commonly done procedure in any dermatology clinic. It’s a lunchtime procedure that hardly takes 15 to 20 minutes with little or no downtime as against the name where it is little or no skin peeling after most of the peels are done these days.
Your doctor will ask you the history of topical applications on your skin before starting a peeling treatment. You might be suggested to discontinue all the retinoid-based creams or exfoliants few days before the procedure.
The various steps of a chemical peel procedure are as follows:
- Your therapist will cleanse your face thoroughly to remove any applications, male up or dirt on the skin surface.
- After cleansing , your dermatologist might like to do a little microdermabrasion to remove the excess dead cells over your skin allowing for a better penetration and better radiance, but this step is completely subjective to your dermatologist’s opinion and cannot be combined with every type of peel.
- Your therapist will apply a layer of the chemical solution to your face which can vary in form to a cream based , gel based or lotion based.
- In few peels like retinoid based peels or yellow peels, an activating serum is first applied which actually acts as an activator of the actual peeling agent.
- Depending upon the type of peel used, the application time may vary from few mins to 15 mins. During this entire time, your skin is closely monitored by your doctor for any signs of redness, irritant reaction or adverse reaction.
- After the desired time, your skin is cleansed again with water or a neutralizing agent to remove the peeling solution completely
- A liberal amount of a bland emollient and a sunscreen is applied on the face after the procedure.
Post care after a chemical peel procedure
- After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so a broad spectrum sunscreen has to be applied once or twice every day.
- Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and wear a wide-brimmed hat.
- All kinds of unnecessary procedures like a face waxing, bleaching , make up applications or salon facials must be avoided for atleast a week after a chemical peel treatment.
What To Expect After a Chemical peel
Most of the modern-day peels have negligible or no downtime. A few peels like retinoic acid-based peels popularly known as the yellow peels can lead to mild flaking off of the superficial layer of the skin for 3 to 5 days during which you are supposed to take good sun protection.
A chemical peel treatment can be repeated every 2 to 3 weeks depending upon your skin concern and the type of peel chosen for you by your doctor.
An average of 5 to 6 sessions are most of the times needed to have an appreciable improvement in the skin tone and texture.
This Gold Infused Facial treatment helps to deliver a personalized cocktail of PRP, dermal fillers, and Botox that will make your skin seriously glow. A gentle stamping method delivers antioxidants, moisturizing ingredients, and even Botox under the skin. This facial is made in such a way to suit all skin types and complexions. These can be used on fine and sensitive skin. It also stimulates the production of collagen, refines the texture of the skin, tightens the pores, and hydrates the skin.
So, if you are facing any skin-related issues, then come to Dr. Naiya Bansal’s Skin Clinic and book your appointment with our experienced doctors for chemical peel treatment in Chandigarh.