Dermal Fillers Dermal fillers , or face fillers are small injections of gel, typically made up of hylauronic acid, that are used to fill in wrinkles and add volume to the soft tissues in our face. Dermal fillers can be used to correct the defects or volume loss in different parts of our face, like around the eyes, cheeks, mouth and jawline, as well as to restore the shape and volume of the lip region.
How do they work?
Fillers basically act by restoring the lost volume to your face and plump the targeted areas, so that the deep-set lines, folds and creases are smoothed out. As we get older our bodies stop producing collagen and elastin, both of which contribute to the youthful look which eventually lead to the sagging of our skin and formation of wrinkles, folds and lines on our face giving that sallow and aged look to our face.
How long do face fillers last?
It depends how your body reacts and which hyaluronic acid is used, but most face fillers will last between six and 18 months. The common indication for dermal filler injections in the face are:
- Prominent Tear trough or under eye hollowness: if you have those prominent under eye tear trough or a sunken look in your under eye area, your doctor will inject a very small volume of a specific under eye dermal filler in this area to immediately improve the hollowness beneath your eye region, which does also improve the shadowing effect or the under eye pigmentation concern in most of the cases.
- Cheek enhancement : If you’re self-conscious about having low or flat cheekbones, you must consider a cheek enhancement procedure done by injecting dermal fillers into your cheek area which can instantly uplift your cheek and mid face area, thereby restoring the lost volume and giving you a natural youthful look almost immediately.
These cosmetic procedures are designed to lift your cheekbones, add volume to your face, and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Cheek fillers are injections that instantly raise the volume of the area above and around your cheekbones. This provides the illusion of a more defined bony structure. By injecting volume under your skin layer, cheek fillers can also smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.s
Depending on the type that you choose, cheek fillers can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years before results are no longer noticeable. The dermal filler material eventually dissolves and metabolizes into your skin tissue.
After the injection, you’ll be able to see some of the results immediately. It will take a day or two for the filler to settle into its position on your face.
Compared to other treatment options, such as cheek implants and surgical facelifts, cheek fillers have several obvious benefits:
- Cheek fillers can be performed in a dermatologist’s office and require little or no anaesthesia.
- Recovery for cheek fillers is quick, and many people can go right back to work or their regular activities afterward.
- Cheek fillers last for months or years, but the result isn’t permanent, so if you change your mind about them, you aren’t stuck with the result.
- Cheek fillers carry a very low risk of serious complications or infection.
- Cheek fillers can be modified after insertion, meaning that you can add more filler to the injection site until you achieve your desired result.
- Cheek fillers are less expensive than more invasive plastic surgery for making your cheeks appear more defined.